It takes a while to write these posts for the #watchnerd, sometimes many months, and for that I apologise. I can’t keep up with the larger, smarter, hipper, more adjectival watch ‘blogs, so I thought it might be interesting to share with you the current list of ideas, thoughts and ramblings.
– A passion for watchmaking: Peter Speake-Marin’s new Serpent Calendar
– Kari Voutilainen wants to make us think differently
– AkriviA: back to the old school
– Blue moon: De Bethune‘s lunar preoccupation
– Sevnd Andersen: the Godfather of independent watchmaking
– Hip to be square: Ressence‘s TYPE 1²
– Observations on the Pendulums of Hoole and Derham: why do flies have pendulums, and what can horology learn from the study of Diptera?
– The first #clocknerd: who was John Joseph Merlin?
Various other half-written blog pieces on new watchmaking materials and the language of watch design.
Last updated 10.03.17