Well. SalonQP 2011 is only a few days away, and if it’s anything like last year, it’s going to be a fantastic event. I’m not quite sure what I’ve done to deserve an invite to the VIP Opening night on Thursday – as you know, I’m just your friendly, neighbourhood #watchnerd – but I’m very grateful to James and all at QP. Last year was a fantastic event – and I managed to get some reasonable photos while meeting some incredible people.
Highlights this year include a number of world and UK firsts, from names that (I’m sure) are bound to impress:
- Roger Smith will showcase the First Anniversary Watch designed with George Daniels after showing its prototype last year at SalonQP 2010. This is bound to be a slightly poignant affair, following the recent passing of Dr Daniels.
- Maîtres du Temps will unveil their Chapter One Round watch designed by Peter Speake-Marin and Christophe Claret. If this is anything like the collaborations involving these two in the past, I think it’s likely to be a show-stopper. I don’t think there’s ever been a watch with a tourbillon and mono-pusher column wheel…
- Vacheron Constantin’s Metiers d’Art will be appearing for the first time in London.
- MB&F’s long-awaited Legacy Machine No. 1 will be shown for the first time at SalonQP 2011.
- Bremont will show the new edition of their B-1 Marine Clock painted by Ronnie Wood.
- Peter Speake-Marin will be launching his latest watch.
- Ressence, one of this year’s most talked-about independents, will be bringing his revolutionary Platform watch. I’m really looking forward to this one – the concept is unique and I hope to get up close and personal with this exciting piece.
- Schofield Watch Company and John Isaac Genève will both be launching their brands in the Independents Gallery of SalonQP
DUKE OF YORK’S HQ, KING’S ROAD, CHELSEA, LONDON, SW3 4SQ Directions